Development/Fundraising Intern - Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, young organization and earn valuable experience as you learn key skills required to help grow support for the Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy.
The Development Intern will support all annual fundraising efforts, offering administrative support and assistance with several high-profile signature fundraising events. This position will also help spearhead several projects for the Conservancy’s corporate and individual membership programs, including conducting program research and development, and marketing efforts.
● Work with Development team on logistics relating to the Greenway Gala (The Greenway’s annual 500-person fundraising evening), Glow in the Park (an evening for young professionals), and the Annual Volunteer and Member Appreciation Picnic. Duties will include:
o Maintaining guest lists
o Gathering and preparing registration materials
o Helping to coordinate event follow-up
● Assist with donor mailings including membership fulfillment and gift acknowledgments
● Help generate content for social media, eNewsletters, blog posts, and other electronic donor correspondence
● Conduct outreach to secure new and existing vendors and sponsors for the 4th annual Carnival of Dogs
● Staff additional Greenway events such as Free Fun Friday, tours, and horticulture demos
● Provide support for the Membership Program, aiding in program analysis, helping to further develop member benefits, and assisting with our summer membership drive
● Assist in creating a Corporate Membership Program and plan for its implementation
Knowledge and skills:
● Interest in the field of fundraising and non-profits
● College graduate or current college student
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office
● Excellent oral and written communications
● Collaborative, detail-oriented.
● Positive, high-energy, fun, calm under pressure.
● An understanding of the importance and impact of the mission of the Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy
● The part-time, paid position is available for a duration of 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June, approximately 20 hours per week.
● Work will generally take place indoors, but the position will require some time in The Greenway’s parks.
● Some evening and weekend work will be necessary for select Conservancy events.
● Please email a one-page cover letter, a one-page resume, and 3 references to [email protected] with subject line “Development Intern Application.”
● No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
● For the best chance of being offered the internship, applicants should apply as soon as possible.
About The Greenway and the Conservancy:
The Rose Kennedy Greenway, a roof garden atop a highway tunnel, is a contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. The non-profit Greenway Conservancy maintains, programs, finances, and improves the 1.5-mile Greenway on behalf of the public. The Greenway welcomes 1.4 million trackable visitors annually for The Greenway Carousel, events, Wi-Fi, beer garden, and Mobile Eats food trucks, plus millions more visitors who enjoyed the fountains, plazas, and gardens. The Conservancy has won numerous awards, including for our organic landscape care and park programming.
RFKGC is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender) or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy
- Job Posting Expires On