GoodVision USA is dedicated to ensuring that the approximately 1.1 billion individuals with vision loss around the world have access to durable, affordable eyeglasses, vision screening services, and referrals for eye disease treatment. GoodVision USA is a part of the global GoodVision organization. Together, we provide program implementation, oversight, monitoring, technical assistance, and funding for currently eleven program countries across Africa, Asia, and South America. Our global mission is to provide life-transforming access to vision care and eyeglasses for all people in need. We do this through vision screenings, eyeglasses distribution, referrals for eye disease treatment, and training of local technicians to deliver programs.
GoodVision has proven to be a vital piece of what is oftentimes an unstable and incomplete healthcare infrastructure in every country where we operate. To date, we have provided vision screenings to more than 1.2 million people worldwide and distributed approximately half a million glasses across our eleven country programs. Our aim is to scale our existing programs and expand into new countries to go even further into last mile communities.
GoodVision USA seeks a Development Officer who will focus on the full scope of fundraising for our organizational operations and international programs, including the cultivation, management, and stewardship of all existing and new funding relationships, including grants (public, foundation, corporate), individual giving, a cause marketing program, and special event/campaign fundraising including all print/digital appeals. The position will also manage GoodVision USA’s development operations in collaboration with a team—including database management, preparation and coordination of donor communications and solicitations, and gift processing and reporting. The position will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and local team members/volunteers, as well as international team members, to meet projected revenue growth needs.
Core responsibilities for the Development Officer position include the following:
• Manage the donor database, pipeline, and communications including tracking relationships through HubSpot.
• Cultivate and foster high-touch relationships with a pool of key major donors, in partnership with the Executive Director.
• Strategize, plan, and execute key fundraising campaigns, including calendar-year-end appeal, special appeals, and any other donor cultivation events.
• Supervise all data activity related to gifts, pledges, and grants and prepare fundraising reports, as required.
• Facilitate giving and engagement across the Board of Directors in collaboration with the Executive Director to aid in new donor acquisition.
• Prospect for new funding opportunities that align with GoodVision’s global programs including managing grants, researching relevant individuals/corporations/foundations, and cultivating relationships through volunteer opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
A strong candidate should meet the following requirements:
• 5 years of development experience with a nonprofit organization or institution, with at least 2 years of direct solicitation experience
• Experience in development planning, major gifts, annual gifts, special events, capital campaigns, and stewardship
• Self-motivated problem-solver; exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and optimistic
• Strong communicator with good interpersonal skills and customer service sense
• Excellent writing skills, that can span across audiences and purposes (appeals, proposals, reports, concept papers etc.)
• Entrepreneurial spirit – this is a fully remote role and requires good self-management and appropriate drive to follow-through and follow-up with a variety of stakeholders
• Adept at skillfully partnering with program staff; and able to quickly assimilate knowledge about GoodVision and its work
• A passion for the mission of GoodVision and all global programs
• An ability to work in diverse, multi-cultural settings
SCHEDULE & BENEFITS
• Fully remote
• Flexible hours
Note: This is a 1099 contract position
Send a cover letter and resume with subject line: “Development Officer Position” to [email protected]
- GoodVision USA
- Job Posting Expires On