Development Officer - Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) at MIT is hiring a full-time Development Officer to contribute to its mission of reducing poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by scientific evidence. We are seeking a dynamic and motivated fundraising and relationship management professional to help lead and execute J-PAL’s donor engagement and stewardship strategies. The Development Officer will join a creative, energetic team, working closely with staff across J-PAL’s program areas to elevate our fundraising efforts.
The ideal candidate has experience working with high net worth individuals and large philanthropic foundations for fundraising in the academic research and/or international development fields. S/he will be responsible for delivering on an organizational fundraising strategy and developing processes to establish sustainable funding streams to expand J-PAL’s efforts to translate research into action worldwide.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Education: A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience: At least 3 years’ experience fundraising for academic research or international development activities from a range of funding streams, including high net worth individuals and philanthropic foundations.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the priorities of major funders in the international development field, including foundations and governments.
- Highly motivated to work independently to achieve agreed strategic goals.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including strong writing and presentation abilities.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Commitment to J-PAL’s mission of reducing poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by scientific evidence.
The full job posting and instructions to apply can be found here: https://www.povertyactionlab.org/careers/development-officer-j-pal-global-103251
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
- Job Posting Expires On