Development Fellow - Komera
Komera Development Fellow
Komera develops self-confident women in rural Rwanda through education, community development, and sport. Our holistic model is changing the game as we recognize that access to education is just the beginning. Over the past 11 years, we’ve grown from a scholarship-based program to a leadership incubator that incorporates all aspects of a young woman’s life, including her health, family, and community, to ensure her success.
Komera is seeking a passionate, enthusiastic, detail-oriented candidate to take on the responsibilities of the Development Fellow. This year-long position is a great opportunity to gain real world experience working in a fast-paced environment and to make a big impact in a small but savvy organization. This Boston-based role will support programmatic operations in Rwanda through administrative tasks, event execution, and fundraising initiatives. This position is ideal for someone looking to dive into nonprofit work and who is able to work independently.
Position: Development Fellow
Role: Part-time support role, 10-20 hours a week
Start Date: August/September 2019
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Strategize and manage social media plan for all Komera channels. Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
- Engage with followers, respond to comments, and maintain good social media practices in a timely fashion.
- Facilitate new content development alongside Komera colleagues in Rwanda.
- Support fundraising campaigns through email, website, and print marketing and communications.
- Write blog posts and supporting grant research.
- Maintain and update donor database in Donor Tools and facilitate transfer of donor info from Classy to Donor Tools.
- Manage donation acknowledgment process and stewardship support (i.e. thank you notes, donation receipts).
- General administrative support as needed. Other tasks and responsibilities as needed. As a small nonprofit, the ability to pitch in wherever when necessary is crucial (and much appreciated)!
- Plan and assist with preparation for all events, including annual Komera Cocktail in San Francisco, Komera Social in New York, and the Komera Global Runs in cities across the US
- Provide administrative and marketing support for fundraising events.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant work experience in a small nonprofit setting.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Invested in working cross-culturally with Komera staff in Rwanda.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Social media savvy and interest in keeping up with current trends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint) required. Familiarity with Google Apps, DonorTools, MailChimp, Canva, Classy, and Crowdrise preferred.
You’ll impress us if you are …
- Organized, reliable, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Passionate about women’s rights in Rwanda and globally.
- Knowledgeable about the context of Komera’s work and interested in social justice.
- Invested in dignified story-telling and working on innovative solutions that shift the narrative around international development.
Because we are a small team, each employee has a wide variety of responsibilities. We ask candidates to be flexible, eager to learn new things, and willing to engage in a variety of tasks. Working with Komera is a fantastic opportunity for personal and professional growth; employees are given significant responsibility and independence in their work and are mentored by colleagues. There will be occasional weekend activities that you will be notified of in advance.
This is an unpaid year-long fellowship position. The Fellow will be given a full access membership to Impact Hub and all of the benefits and resources included with membership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Komera. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested qualified candidates should apply by emailing resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- Job Posting Expires On