Development Director - Education For All Children
Education for All Children
Education For All Children (EFAC) is seeking a dynamic, experienced and entrepreneurial fund raiser to join our team as Director of Development. The person will have experience in international fundraising, preferably in Africa. The Development Director will work closely with EFAC’s Executive Director to design and implement a comprehensive fundraising platform for EFAC as we align our fundraising with our impact potential.
EFAC is an education-to-employment program for bright, disadvantaged Kenyan youth entering high school and progressing along the spectrum through post-secondary and career development It is unique both in its scope and its success metrics where 98% of our high school graduates go on to higher education and over 75% are employed within two years of graduation. We address the disparity in educational and economic mobility for Kenyan girls and boys living in poverty and helping them reach their true potential in life. Our goal is to produce graduates who become Kenya’s future entrepreneurs, leaders, and agents of social change for their communities and country at large. We have offices in Portsmouth, New Hampshire and Nairobi, Kenya.
● Serve as a thought-partner and strategist with EFAC leadership in shaping our growth.
● Establish and implement an effective multi-year development strategy with measurable goals and outcomes.
● Seek and engage new donors and steward existing donors.
● Design a program to create strong donor retention and expansion programs in 8-10 diverse geographical areas across the country.
● Prospect for major gifts from individuals and foundations including planned giving and monthly giving programs.
● Oversee and improve donor database and tracking systems within Salesforce.
● Maintain and update timelines for existing and new institutional funding cycles.
● Collaborate with communications team for online messaging
● Collaborate in the strategy and execution of EFAC’s fundraising events.
Skills + Qualifications
● Bachelor’s Degree –on going certifications and graduate work desired
● 5+ years of non-profit fundraising experience
● Facility with a CRM platform (Salesforce preferred)
● Success raising major gifts $25,000- $100,000 range, securing multi-year commitments, and developing relationships with individuals and foundations
● Proficiency with major media platforms i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
● Loves to network and develop relationships
● Organize and lead donor trips to Kenya.
● Strong belief in in global poverty eradication through education
Salary and Benefits:
● Salary commensurate with experience.
● Competitive benefits package
● Three weeks vacation in addition to paid holidays
Applicants should send a cover letter describing why they are a good fit with EFAC’s mission and culture and their resume to [email protected]
EFAC seeks to fill this position by end of Janaury 2020.
- Education For All Children
- Job Posting Expires On