Moving Health is a nonprofit focused on redefining emergency transportation for last mile areas. We work with communities to design and locally manufacture ambulances that actually work in remote, hard to reach areas. We started with a goal to find a safer way for pregnant women to get to the hospital all over the world, and now we’ve expanded that with our mission to connect families to healthcare, when they need it most. Over the past 7 years, we have worked in East and West Africa - focusing now on our expansion efforts in Ghana. We are moving out of a pilot, proof of concept phase and into a phase of growth.
Come and create impact with us
We are looking for a Development Director that will help us be able to get to the next level of impact with our programs and technology. The Director of Development is responsible for leading the team in managing relationships with and identifying, cultivating, securing and stewarding philanthropic gifts from public and private foundations, as well as major donors, while interfacing and collaborating with colleagues across the Moving Health team and Moving Health Leadership.
We are looking for a go-getter who is self-motivated and a team-player. A person who is ready to join a young and growing, female-founded and led international non-profit. A proven fundraiser who can help the organization expand and bring to scale its programming and technology.
What is critical for Moving Health at this growth stage: ability to grow the donor portfolio, to increase the number and size of multi-year awards.
This position is part time. This position can be remote, with a preference for someone based in the North East United States. Opportunity to travel to Boston and/or Ghana.
Who are you?
- You’re motivated by a desire to make the world a better place, adding resourcefulness, flexibility, and a learning mindset to the teams that you join
- Maternal Health and Health Equity are passions of yours, we are particularly interested if your background is in these spaces
- You thrive in a creative headspace and have high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- You have love working on a diverse team and are proud of excellent presentation, writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Applications must include a current resume and a cover letter detailing applicable experience and accomplishments
- This position requires a bachelor's degree and a minimum 10 years experience, with a focus on raising major gifts from foundations
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience with and a comprehensive understanding of foundations and fundraising principles and practices, success managing a team, and a history of professional growth within an organization. Best candidates will have a portfolio of positive relationships with and/or knowledge of major foundation executives, both nationally and internationally
- Proven leadership and management skills
- An understanding of Campaign fundraising
- Strong command of Microsoft Office applications
Reporting to the CEO, the Development Director sets the strategic direction for the Development team, oversees the team's efforts to maximize funding from foundations and proactively seeks new opportunities while adhering to the mission, credo, and standards of behavior of Moving Health.
- Key Responsibilities
- Foster a strong relationship between the Development Team and Moving Health’s Programming Team; ensure proper reporting of grants
- Build a portfolio of 5 and 6 figure grantmakers, with multi year support, for expanding MH's work and geographic reach. Actively manage and develop strategies for donor base of 500+ with 5-10 private and public foundation partnerships
- Formulate, document and execute prospect and donor moves management strategies
- Conduct donor meetings and prospect qualifications through both proactive and reactive donor identification and engagement
- The Development Director is responsible for establishing an appropriate annual fundraising goal for the Moving Health team, tracking activity and success against the goal and managing and motivating staff to ensure that Moving Health realizes optimal philanthropic funding from public and private foundations and individual donors
- Supervise Development Associate who will be managing ETap and providing support with research and back-end fundraising needs.
- Collaborating across Moving Health
- Collaborate with colleagues across all teams to achieve team and overall Development Office fundraising goals
- Work with the CFO to assist in planning and monitoring of the Annual Team budget
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Choose your own hours
- Fundraising: 10 years (Preferred)
- International Fundraising: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Please send your resume to [email protected] to apply.
- Moving Health
- Job Posting Expires On