Location: Boston, MA
The mission of the International Institute of New England (IINE) is to create opportunities for refugees and immigrants to succeed through resettlement, education, career advancement and pathways to citizenship. One of the oldest and largest human services organizations for New Americans in the region, IINE serves more than 2,500 people each year in Boston and Lowell, Massachusetts, and Manchester, New Hampshire. Our programs include case management, youth and family services, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), employment and skills training, and immigration legal services.
A dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Successful candidates will join a committed team of professional staff and volunteers who are devoted to welcoming and serving new Americans.
Position Title: Development Data Manager - Boston, MA
- Department: Development
- Reports to: Director, Annual Giving and Engagement
- Supervises: Database Specialist
- Status: Exempt, Full Time
- Job Location: Boston, MA (Onsite)
- Pay Range: $65,000 - $70,000/yearly
Full-time employees will be eligible for all benefits including vacation, personal, sick days and twelve paid holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that IINE establishes and makes available to eligible employees, under (and subject to all provisions of) the plan documents that govern those programs. Currently, IINE offers medical, dental and vision. Company-paid life insurance, company-paid short term disability (STD), long term disability (LTD), accidental death and dismemberment and disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), other benefits including 403(b) with company match plan(s) pursuant to the terms and conditions of company policy and the 403(b)-plan document. Other perks such as discounts through our vision plan, fitness reimbursement and more.
This position ensures that IINE capitalizes on the benefits offered by the Salesforce CRM system. The duties of the Development Data Manager are to maintain our database, design and disseminate reports and dashboards, develop and maintain an effective and accurate gift processing procedure, and train staff on the effective use our Salesforce system.
To ensure success as Development Data Manager, you should possess extensive knowledge of Salesforce system administration and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The Development Data Manager ensures that their Salesforce expertise translates into optimized process for the development and other department operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supervising and Administrative duties
- Supervise the Database Specialist to ensure donor and gift data entry is timely and accurate
- Oversee import of various data
- Evaluate user skills, customize and deliver training to improve skillsets
- Managing Salesforce roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows, and groups.
- Create and manage campaigns (primary and secondary)
- Work with Advancement team members to pull donor lists to ensure accurate data for stewardship
- Ensure that the database is continually updated; conduct regular Quality Assurance checks of donor data
- Build custom reports and dashboards
- Perform database maintenance tasks including diagnostic tests and duplicate entry cleansing
- Reconcile data imports from external applications (Salsa, Woofu, Eventbrite, etc.)
- Oversee data uploads from Development staff
- Assist with the integration of Salsa to ensure consistent electronic communications with stakeholders.
- Assist with overall maintenance of Salesforce and iWave databases, troubleshoot as needed
- Coordinate daily reconciliation of online payments with Finance Office. Closely track details of online donations and payments and issue reports as necessary.
Reporting and Data Exports
- Generate reports upon request and offer insights on systems and strategies related to gift prospecting and acknowledgment.
- Generate and clean data for IINE mailings (appeals, annual report, etc.)
- Create reports of donors, prospects, and giving trends as requested by the Chief External Relations Officer and other IINE leadership
- Create and maintain Salesforce Dashboards for CERO and other IINE leadership
- Create and maintain Salesforce Portfolios for CERO and other IINE leadership
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (required) or BA in computer science (preferred)
- Salesforce Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified preferred.
- 3 Years of Extensive experience in the administration and maintenance of Salesforce systems.
- Experience in a managerial position or equivalent strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of importing sales data and generating Salesforce reports and dashboards
- Knowledge of APIs and wide variety of Salesforce apps
- Strong training skills and ability to provide comprehensive and supportive end-user report
- Experience with nonprofit processes preferred
A Development Data Manager usually works in an office setting. They spent a great deal of time with the Development team to develop a robust, streamline, and friendly CRM system for the business needs. They must work well with people and value teamwork. They must demonstrate strong leadership skills to guide the team and their direct report throughout the processes. They spend a great amount of time keyboarding, sitting, and using a computer.
- Constantly Sitting
- Constantly Keyboarding
Please be advised that IINE mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees must be able to attest to or provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.Start your application here.
- International Institute of New England
- Job Posting Expires On