Development Associate - MASS Design Group
About MASS Design Group:
At MASS, we believe that architecture is never neutral. It either heals or hurts. Our mission is to research, build, and advocate for architecture that promotes justice and human dignity.
About the Position:
MASS is seeking a Development Associate to support the fundraising goals of the organization. Supporting the development team, this individual will be responsible for donor management tasks like gift processing, constituent research, and grant reporting. This individual is comfortable creating their own calendar of grant and proposal deadlines, resourceful in their preparation, and militant in their organization. This individual should be a skilled writer, who is comfortable drafting proposals and grants that are complex and often technical in nature.
Who you will work with:
Our team is 70 people strong and growing, representing some of the brightest minds tackling our planet’s most epic challenges. We are based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA and Kigali, Rwanda, and travel the globe weekly in service of our partners. This opportunity is a full time position in our Boston office, with potential for travel. The Development Associate will report to the Advisor to the Executive Team.
How you work:
This role is ideal for someone who…
- is hyper-organized, diligent, and investigative
- has the ability to multi-task with strong judgment
- has a concise, diplomatic, and clear communication style
- is a skilled writer, who takes pride in not needing a copy editor for their work
- has a high level of interpersonal maturity and poise, empathy, and grace under pressure
- is comfortable with ambiguity and ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities
- has a demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, while simultaneously leading multiple projects and effectively prioritizing time and tasks
- values being a member of a team
- is concerned about social and environmental values in their personal and professional lives
- values our mission at MASS, and has a strong interest in design (bonus if they have experience or education related to architecture or design)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- working proficiency of the Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop)
- 2 or more years of professional experience in a fundraising environment or in an office w/ exposure to marketing, advocacy, or public affairs
- master of Google Apps for Business (Gmail, Calendar, Drive) and of Microsoft office (Powerpoint, Excel, etc)
- experience in donor lifecycle management preferred
- experience in technical and descriptive proposal and grant writing desired
- experience using Salesforce CRM for fundraising desired
- interest in a long-term role
- language skills are a plus
How to apply:
Please follow the link to submit an application in Slide Room.
- MASS Design Group
- Job Posting Expires On