Development and Communications Coordinator - Institute of Justice and Democracy in Haiti
Reporting to the Policy and Advocacy Advisor, the primary responsibilities of the Development and Communications Coordinator are to support donor engagement, fundraising, and development operations, steward IJDH’s internal and external communications, and provide support on advocacy. The Development and Communications Coordinator will manage donor database systems, spearhead communications with supporters, and supervise interns, while working on a range of other tasks and projects for the organization.
This role requires a dynamic, detail-oriented individual with strong communication skills, a passion for justice, and an appreciation for the power of advocacy, to:
● Draft grant reports, concept notes, and proposals;
● Support donor stewardship and manage engagement with individual and foundation donors;
● Manage the donor database and development operations, including revenue reporting and acknowledgements, and monitor results;
● Manage IJDH’s website, social media, e-newsletters, mailings, press releases, media requests, and photo archive;
● Develop and implement communications plans to support BAI/IJDH advocacy initiatives;
● Oversee the planning and execution of annual fundraising campaigns;
● Build relationships with community leaders and partners to expand the BAI/IJDH network and advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization;
● Coordinate translation for external communications and materials;
● Recruit and supervise IJDH communications and development interns and volunteers, and support the recruitment process of legal interns and other hiring;
● Support IJDH leadership, development, and finance staff as needed, including scheduling meetings and compiling background materials;
● Other duties as assigned.
The selected candidate should have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superior organizational ability, experience in project management, and attention to detail.
● Bachelor’s degree required;
● 2-3 years of professional experience, preferably including fundraising and advocacy experience;
● High level of initiative, ability to take ownership in managing and completing projects, and to work both independently and in a team;
● Resourceful problem solver;
● Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity; ability to exercise judgement, diplomacy, and sensitivity while working with a range of both internal and external constituencies;
● Commitment to social justice and human rights;
● Proficiency in spoken and written Haitian Kreyòl strongly preferred; French language skills desired;
● Experience working or living in resource poor settings is preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position is open until filled.
This position requires that the individual has or is able to obtain work authorization in the United States. IJDH is unfortunately not in a position to petition for work visas.
- Institute of Justice and Democracy in Haiti
- Job Posting Expires On