Deputy Director of Global MERL - Last Mile Health
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all Teachers and Learners. Do you have experience leading innovative evaluation, research, and improvement for global health programs? If so, you may be our next Deputy Director of Global Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL).
Reporting to LMH’s Global Director of MERL, the Deputy Director is responsible for working with the team to support the design and implementation of a robust program of global monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning activities. These areas of work will focus on, but are not limited to, online learning offered through the Community Health Academy (“the Academy”) and other digital health initiatives.
The Deputy Director will also be involved in directly supporting a range of additional projects. This position will work closely with the Global Director of MERL and in-country MERL teams to strengthen routine and innovative data use to inform program improvement, identify new approaches to measurement and improvement in community health, and identify areas for broader dissemination of learnings.
What You'll Do
- Support the Academy to design and implement a robust MERL plan, reflecting the program's theory of change and scope of work, ensuring the collection of relevant quality data, use of data for program improvement, and areas for further evaluation and dissemination of learning.
- Provide technical support to teams in developing MERL plans as needed, including theories of change, MERL work plans, and metrics.
- Adapt or develop data collection tools (e.g., surveys, key informant interview guides, focus group guides) and their implementation.
- Lead or support quantitative and qualitative data analyses.
- Assist program teams with data use and support adaptive management, including developing data feedback loops and improvement processes.
- Contribute to IRB protocol development.
- Support development of evaluation reports and peer-reviewed publications. Coordinate contributions and authorships across diverse teams.
- Provide effective coaching, mentorship and professional development related to MERL activities within the MERL team and across LMH to strengthen organization-wide knowledge of MERL.
What You’ll Bring
- Seasoned public health evaluator or researcher with at least 5 years leading monitoring and evaluation project or program activities.
- MPH or similar degree required
- Demonstrated experience with stakeholder engagement and ability to collaborate with and provide technical support to internal teams and external partners, government counterparts
- Ability to develop theories of change and select and apply conceptual frameworks.
- Deep knowledge of quantitative methods, with preference for experience with qualitative methods.
- Experience developing reports, publications, and whitepapers, as the primary author.
- Experience working with program/implementing teams to support data use, including ability to clearly communicate complex technical information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience managing project teams
- Experience contributing to grant/proposal writing and reporting for a wide variety of donors, including international agencies, foundations, and non-governmental organizations, and projects ranging in size, up to several million dollars.
You’ll Impress Us If
- Experience conducting social network analyses.
- Advanced understanding of community health systems.
- Experience developing evaluation plans for community health worker programs.
- Experience living and working in low- or middle-income countries.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating online learning and digital health programs.
- PhD or DrPH
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Please apply using the link provided above. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Last Mile Health
- Job Posting Expires On