Data and Evaluation Coordinator - Hyde Square Task Force
Hyde Square Task Force | Data and Evaluation Coordinator
Hyde Square Task Force (HSTF) is an award-winning youth development organization based in the Hyde–Jackson Square area of Jamaica Plain/Roxbury, known as Boston’s Latin Quarter. Founded almost 30 years ago, HSTF now engages more than 800 youth ages 6–25 in college and career preparation, Afro-Latin arts and cultural enrichment, and community building initiatives. In doing so, we ensure that youth have the arts and educational opportunities they need and deserve in order to be successful, and that their voices and cultures are valued and celebrated in Boston’s Latin Quarter and beyond. Our work is guided by our mission: to amplify the power, creativity, and voices of youth, connecting them to Afro Latin culture and heritage so they can create a diverse, vibrant Latin Quarter and build a just, equitable Boston.
Position: Data and Evaluation Coordinator,full-time, reporting to the Executive Director.
Job Summary: The Data and Evaluation Coordinator is responsible for leading HSTF’s efforts to create and implement systems that will allow us to collect and analyze program-related data to further our strategic goals. This new position is a critical and exciting step in the building of a data-driven and learning organization at HSTF.
Initially, the Coordinator will help onboard a new Salesforce data management system, and then:
● Develop helpful and meaningful data analysis and reports that capture programmatic progress, key performance indicators and outcomes;
● Monitor data quality and timeliness;
● Build the capacity of staff around Salesforce and the staff’s use of data for program improvements and fundraising purposes; and
● Assist in building an outcomes-driven culture focused on learning and continuous improvement.
Data Collection and Analysis:
● Work collaboratively with staff to use logic models to identify and track key program outputs and outcomes.
● Collect, extract and analyze meaningful program data and program evaluation metrics.
● Produce reports that summarize data in charts and tables as well as narratives.
● Complete monthly/quarterly program reports to ensure progress toward outcomes.
Data Management System:
● Help onboard the new Salesforce data management system.
● Serve as in-house expert on our data management system, including staying up-to-date on updates and/or complementary software or apps.
● Become proficient in data collection tools used and identify new or better tools.
● Develop capacity to modify or customize the structure of data management system to ensure the platform is adequate and tailored to meet the needs of staff and parents.
● Serve as primary liaison with data management vendor, other software add-in vendors.
Outcomes, Data Quality & Integrity:
● Conduct regular audits of data for quality and timeliness of data entry by staff.
● Design and modify reports.
● Create and share data presentations on our youth and outcomes for funders, our youth, staff, and other stakeholders.
● Assist staff with the design of evaluation surveys as needed.
Training & Learning:
● Provide on-going training and support staff on use of data management system and how to extract data, and on evaluation and outcomes.
● Create, monitor and maintain data collection training materials.
● Support staff in analyzing program-level data and how it might inform program improvements.
● Facilitate peer learning across programs using data about our youth, families, and our progress toward outcomes.
● Stay current on evaluation trends and tools in the nonprofit world; network with similar organizations with the goal of increasing our learning.
● Through the use of data, partner closely with the Executive Director, Directors and Program Coordinators on how to create more holistic engagement of youth and seamless transitions across programs.
● Actively contribute to the implementation of organizational strategic goals and objectives; help advance HSTF’s mission and values.
● Participate actively in staff meetings, committees, etc.
● Support the collection and use of data about participating youth for continuous program improvement and fundraising.
The above is not an exhaustive statement of every duty and responsibility required. Other duties will be assigned.
● A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with 1-2 years related experience in research, evaluation and/or data management.
● Experience in a nonprofit setting using data tracking software as well as a solid understanding of outcomes measurement and/or program evaluation; experience with Salesforce preferred.
● Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to present in front of groups and translate information to a variety of audiences with differing backgrounds, education, and levels of expertise.
● Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
● Self-motivated and able to work independently.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills.
● Ability to multitask and be flexible.
● Strong project management, computer, and communication skills.
● Demonstrated ability to successfully work and communicate effectively and respectfully with youth and adults of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
● Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a goal-oriented team environment.
● Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor, ability to take initiative, and professionalism.
● Must be flexible, organized, reliable, responsible, collaborative, and creative.
● Successfully pass CORI and SORI background checks.
● Commitment to HSTF’s mission, values, and program model
Anticipated salary range is $40,000 to $45,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include: medical insurance, free parking, 10 vacation days, 3 personal days, 16 paid holidays, 12 days of sick time, 403(b) plan, and a supportive work environment.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must be authorized to work legally in the United States. Candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to DataCoordinator @hydesquare.org April 1, 2020. No walk-ins or phone calls please.
Hyde Square Task Force is an equal opportunity provider and employer. We value having a diverse staff who are representative of the community we serve and bring to our organization a variety of traditions, experiences, and points of view. Individuals of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Hyde Square Task Force
- Job Posting Expires On