Global China Initiative - Communications Fellow JD, Nov. 2022
The Boston University Global Development Policy Center (GDP Center) seeks a Communications Fellow to support the work of its Global China Initiative (GCI), one of the GDP Center’s core research initiatives that examines the extent to which Chinese overseas economic activity and engagement with international institutions fosters a more stable, socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable world economy.
The GDP Center is a University-wide center in partnership with the Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies and the Vice President and Associate Provost for Research. The GDP Center was the first BU entity to have a Chinese-language website and engaging with Chinese-language audiences is a core part of the GCI outreach and communication strategy.
Starting in January 2023, the Communications Fellow will work closely with the GCI Communications & Outreach Associate to develop impactful communications products to showcase our work for Chinese-language audiences.
This will include:
· Working with the team to develop strategies and plans for content on our Chinese language website and social media,
· Supporting management of social media accounts, including drafting and scheduling posts,
· Translating and posting research summaries from English to Chinese,
· Compiling reports using data and analytics across platforms to assess impact and success of communications plans,
· Engaging with external partners on joint projects,
· Crafting engaging emails to subscribers in Chinese,
· Helping organize events (in-person & virtual),
· Research support, such as compiling reading lists,
· Creating infographics, event flyers and other creative multimedia for social media, email and web.
· Native speaker/fluency in Mandarin required,
· Ability to self-organize, multitask and available for hybrid work with approval,
· Strong writing and editing skills, experience using professional social media accounts, email marketing systems (HubSpot, Mailchimp, etc.),
· Basic experience and interest working in research/policy-oriented communications,
· Interest in communicating about China’s role in the global economy and climate transitions,
· Ability to work for the academic year, beyond one semester.
Please send resume and one paragraph explaining interest and experience in one email to Liaoguo Chen, [email protected]
- Boston University
- Job Posting Expires On