Citizen Diplomacy Programs: CVP Intern - WorldBoston
Citizen Diplomacy Programs: CVP Intern - Summer 2020
Start Date: May 2020
End Date: End of August 2020
Hours: Flexible - full-time or part-time (minimum 20 hours/week)
Compensation: Unpaid; travel stipend provided
Direct Supervisor: Josh Bruno, Manager of Citizen Diplomacy Programs
Interns play a crucial role at WorldBoston, and actively participate in furthering our mission of bringing the world to Boston and Boston to the world. They also gain valuable, hands-on experience and access to internationally-oriented individuals and organizations in the Boston area.
The Intern will contribute to WorldBoston's main programming for Citizen Diplomacy projects, particularly our Custom Visitor Programs (CVP). Support will focus on two visiting groups sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. First, a fellowship project, the Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI) , which will be implemented in Boston during June and July of 2020. Second, a fellowship project, Russian Business Leaders (RBL) , which will be implemented in July and August of 2020.
An interest in Latin America, Caribbean, and Russian regional and language studies and/or a background in international business or entrepreneurship is preferred, but not required.
● Assist in Program Planning and Orientation for Projects
- Conduct research in the field of entrepreneurship in Boston
- Communicate with professionals in the Boston area
- Arrange logistics
- Organize workshops
- Prepare welcome materials for participants
● Program Implementation
- Provide on-hand support for participants
- Assist with on-site support at several WorldBoston-organized workshops and orientations
- Help monitor the program budget
- Support with program wrap-up
● Assist with other Custom Visitor Programs or IVLP Programs as needed
● Draft proposals for Custom Visitor Programs
● Maintain resources on Salesforce
● Assist with day-to-day office duties
Skills to Gain:
● Program Management
● Grant Writing
● Cross-Cultural Professional Communications
● Salesforce Cloud-Based CRM
● Small nonprofit management
Please send a cover letter demonstrating your interest and an updated resume to Josh Bruno at [email protected] No phone inquiries, please.
- Job Posting Expires On