Business Development Intern - Last Mile Health
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputation and resources. Are you a highly-organized individual who is passionate about global health and interested in learning more about fund development? If so, you may be our next Business Development Intern.
Reporting to the Partnerships and Development Officer, the Business Development Intern will support new business development at Last Mile Health. The majority of LMH’s funding comes from institutional funding sources, and the Business Development Intern will provide administrative, research, and database support for our new business development efforts focused on institutional donors (foundations, corporations).
This position requires a commitment of 10-20 hours per week. The work schedule is flexible with hours to be agreed on before the internship begins. Term of the internship is 6 months. Last Mile Health will provide a compensation of $15 an hour or equivalent school credit for the duration of the internship.
What You’ll Do
- Develop thorough prospect briefings for LMH’s institutional funding prospects to include mission/programmatic areas of interest, financial information, past grants, key contacts, and other information as appropriate.
- Ensure up-to-date information is reflected in Salesforce, Last Mile Health’s database for tracking and storing data related to revenue generation.
- Assist with event logistics for workshops, retreats, and partner meetings
- Complete additional tasks related to new business development, as requested. This could include attending meetings to learn about LMH programming, supporting development of meeting prep and briefing materials, and assisting to manage LMH’s portfolio of new business prospects.
- Gain mentorship and understanding in the field of fundraising and development through interaction with the entire Partnerships & Communications team
What You’ll Bring
- Current enrollment in, or completion of, an undergraduate degree program or equivalent work experience
- Strong research skills and ability to summarize large quantities of information into headlines/insights
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Fluent in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to work at least 10 hours per week
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have a Master’s Degree in a related field (related fields include: Public Health, Public Policy, MBA)
- You have experience working at a non-profit or on a fundraising team
- You have experience in Salesforce or another fundraising database
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
- Last Mile Health
- Job Posting Expires On