BHI designs, builds, equips and manages sustainable healthcare infrastructure in some of the most resource-constrained regions of the world. With an experienced staff of architecture, engineering, and construction experts, we are dedicated to providing high-quality, dignified and accessible health care infrastructure to the most vulnerable communities in collaboration with our international nonprofit partners. BHI is committed to sustainability, health equity, and local capacity building in all our work.
- Review and approve journal entries.
- Maintain monthly general ledger, cycle closing checklist, and status of monthly closings.
- Review and approve general ledger account reconciliations, bank accounts reconciliations, and revenue/expense analyses.
- Review and approve general journal activities, including cash receipts and cash disbursements.
- Prepare and oversee monthly revenue adjustments.
- Review and approve all billing, ensure that all billing is in compliance with grant agreements and contracts.
- Assist management team in preparing an annual budget plan for the organization.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual federal tax returns 990’s and MA Form PC.
- Monitor, analyze and review accounts receivables and cash forecasting.
- Review, prepare and assist with accounting tasks related to the organization’s grants/donors including budget and cost reporting.
- Work closely with the Director of Accounting and Finance to help to achieve annual budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; calling for corrective actions.
- Work closely with the Director of Accounting and Finance to provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data. This includes a monthly P&L and balance sheet.
- Work closely with the Director of Accounting and Finance to review and prepare project job costing with the input of the project managers and the management team.
- Review and finalize all 1099’s for subcontractors.
- Lead and assist in enhanced use of financial technology systems and tools.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- With the Director of Accounting and Finance, manage an accounting team (currently 3 people).
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 8+ years of experience in accounting field with increasing responsibilities, including leading some or all aspects of an accounting function
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced, dynamic, and evolving environment
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- High level of integrity, a strong work ethic, and confidence
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- QuickBooks Contractor experience is a plus but not required
- Non-profit and construction accounting experience is a plus but not required
Location: Beverly, MA with a possibility of remote work after full training and integration with the team.
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, as well as health, dental, disability, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity in the workplace. BHI will make all employment and other placement decisions without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. This applies to all areas, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.
- Build Health International
- Job Posting Expires On