Accountant - Partners In Health
Please apply at https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oIS1bfww&s=Boston_Network_for_International_Development
The Accountant will be a valuable member of the PIH Accounting team in assisting the monthly and annual close processes as well as providing accounting support to the PIH Supply Chain and Logistics team. The Accountant will be responsible for a variety of duties including the completion of monthly G/L account and bank reconciliations, preparation of journal entries for a variety of transactions, and providing accounts payable support to the Supply Chain and Logistics team.
Supply Chain and Logistics Accounts Payable Processing (40%)
- Review, process and submit for payment invoices related to purchase orders and other general invoices for the department
- Complete data entry and review documents to reconcile invoices with purchase orders in the Accounting System (Microsoft Dynamic Serenic).
- Identify billing discrepancies, track payments, and work with the team and vendors to rectify issues.
- Prepare and review encumbrance reports and follow up with Supply Chain & Logistics and Finance team to close open purchase orders.
Accounting Support (60%)
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for Partners In Health’s domestic accounts.
- Prepare general ledger entries for transactions both domestic and international.
- Complete balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Review and process employee reimbursements submitted through thePIH expense management system.
- Prepare daily reports of cash levels and prior day cash movements.
- Prepare various schedules for annual audit and tax form preparation.
- Share knowledge of accounting and job-specific responsibilities with site-based colleagues.
- Assist PIH staff with accounting guidance and provide support on payment inquiries.
- Assist with ad hoc accounting requests and process improvements.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance from an accredited college or university
- Experience with information systems or proven ability to learn new systems quickly
- Proficiency with automated accounting systems; advanced computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Word and Excel required)
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving abilities
- The successful candidate will be conscientious, attentive to details, and driven by process improvement and delivery of a quality product as evidenced by prior work and education experience
- Demonstrated ability to present information effectively to project managers; strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse team of stakeholders, honoring the concerns and priorities of local staff in field sites
- Interest in social justice and the cause of global health equity
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
- Partners In Health
- Job Posting Expires On