YALDA US Personal Assistant to the Advisor
Do you have a strong passion for the development of Africa? Do you have innovative ideas on how the youth can contribute to Africa’s development? Do you want to work directly with the African Development Bank, UNHabitat, the African Union, and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa? Do you want to attend meetings at the UN Headquarters in New York? Do you love to network and meet people from all over the world? Then this position is for you!
YALDA is a networking organization that is truly Africa branded : "By Africans, For Africa!".
YALDA is a non-profit international organization that was established by upper level and graduate Harvard University students in order to create a resourceful networking database for those with a strong interest in Africa. The network is centered around YALDA branches, primarily at African universities, and serves to increase the capacity of youth in Africa for developing positive leadership skills and to espouse an honest work ethic. YALDA US works on researching opportunities in Africa, fundraising activities, working with branches, maintaining relationship with UN and compliance with regulations as a 501 (c)(3).
YALDA US has a vacancy for the position of Personal Assistant to the Advisor Intern reporting directly to the YALDA US Advisor. Please note this is an UNPAID internship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The YALDA US Personal Assistant to the Advisor Intern is responsible for providing direct administrative and clerical support to YALDA US Advisor in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
The position requires a person who is detailed oriented, confident and exercises initiative while maintaining a professional demeanor. To be successful the ideal candidate will work with minimal supervision, propose solutions to problems, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Normal working hours will be stipulated by the activities as determined by the schedule of work throughout the 9 months. We expect working hours to be no less than 5 hours and no more than 20 hours a week.
- Manage, create and edit email correspondence on behalf of YALDA US Advisor using his/her own email account or the Advisor's email accounts as directed
- Work with organizations such as the African Development Bank, UN Habitat, The African Union, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa and keep the Advisor abreast of all discussions and developments
- Manage YALDA US Advisor Relationships Google drive excel and keep it up-to-date
- Update YALDA US Advisor's task list using meeting minutes
- Assist YALDA US Advisor with tasks related to YALDA i-Boot Camp 2019 to be held in Morocco
- Ensure all other YALDA US staff, interns and volunteers are performing their tasks on target and reporting any issues to the Advisor
- Keep YALDA US Advisor email accounts in order, labelling emails and filing them in the right folders
- Maintain YALDA US Advisor Social Media accounts ensuring regular weekly posts with prior approval from the Advisor
- Keep a calendar of the YALDA US Advisor and schedule and organize conference calls or meetings for him or her as requested
- Prepare, edit and format documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Maintain electronic and paper files
- Basic research, data compilation and database maintenance for projects and documents
- Copying and organizing materials for meetings
- General administrative support
- Must have Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; administrative/clerical experience
- Advanced PC skills; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet browsers
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and accuracy of work
- Must have good writing skills, organization skills, and have research skills
- Communicate in a professional manner and develop good rapport with both internal and external individuals
- Ideally candidates mustbe located in New York, NY or Boston, Massachusetts but location is not a priority
- Must have constant and reliable access to internet
- Must have a strong interest in Africa
- Date and Time
- Starts on 11/02/2020 at 8:00 AM
- Ends on 08/31/2021 at 7:51 AM
- [email protected]