On Tuesday, 6 December 2022, 14:00-15:30 GMT, the Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report and RISE will host a joint webinar to introduce the new learning trajectories tool on the GEM Report’s SCOPE website.
On Tuesday, 6 December 2022, 14:00-15:30 GMT, the Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report and RISE will host a joint webinar to introduce the new learning trajectories tool on the GEM Report’s SCOPE website. The session will demonstrate how the tool shaped analysis in the GEM Report’s latest Spotlight on Africa publication (#BorntoLearn) and informed a campaign RISE is leading from October - December 2022 focused on improving education systems in the face of a global learning crisis (#FromSchoolingToLearning).
Chair: Patrick Montjouridès, Senior Project Officer (Spotlight Technical Lead), UNESCO GEM-R
- Camila Lima De Moraes, Senior Project Officer (Research), UNESCO GEM-R
- Jason Silberstein, Research Fellow, RISE Programme, Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford
- Clio Dintilhac, Senior Program Officer, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Adedeji Adeniran, Director of Research, Centre for the Study of the Economies of Africa
- Nicolás Buchbinder, Assessment Manager, People’s Action for Learning Network
About the event
Learning trajectories show how many years or grades it takes for children to acquire foundational skills. Because these trajectories track the pace of learning in the system, they can help us understand how many children struggle to acquire these skills, when and how to intervene, and how different policies might impact the urgent challenge of low learning.
The new learning trajectories tool gives users an overview of learning trajectories, examples of policy simulations for access, learning and equality, and allows users to create their own learning trajectories and run policy simulations. This panel will feature an overview of the learning trajectories, followed by a discussion on the use cases and reflections from various actors (research think tanks, civil society organisations, and funders), and finally a brief question and answer period.
- Date and Time
- 12/06/2022: 2:00 AM - 3:30 AM
- Register via Zoom for the webinar
- [email protected]
- Sponsoring Organization