Summer Institute in Global Leadership: Women in Leadership
2020 Summer Institute in Global Leadership: Women in Leadership
UNAGB Summer Institutes bring together local and international students to discover global challenges and address them through Model United Nations programming. Students will learn to think critically about the problems facing our society, use negotiation tools, and form proposals that make solutions possible.
This week, we’ll explore the advancement of women through education. Be prepared to learn different aspects of the topic, build skills in public speaking and negotiation, and put everything together in a full day Model UN simulation.
Note: This week is appropriate for students who are passionate about global issues and/or love Model UN. For the first day, we’ll split into different groups based on Model UN experience. New-to-Model UN’ers will learn new skills in a supported environment and experienced Model UN’ers will learn new tips and tricks during the multiple no-prep practice simulations.
You’ll have a chance to:
· Meet students from all over the world passionate about global affairs
· Learn from guest speakers, including NGO leaders, diplomats, and local politicians
· Delve into current global issues
· Improve your public speaking and negotiation techniques
· Learn new Model UN strategies
· When: July 20-24, 2020 9am-4pm (this is a day program only)
· Who: Students entering grades 7-10
· Where: Boston area (Location TBD)
· Cost: $745 per student/week
· Questions: Contact us! Please call (617) 482-4587 or email [email protected]
· Traveling from out of state / country? Click here for a few quick reminders!
Cancellation Policy: We understand that life happens and sometimes there is a change of plans. In the event that you need to cancel your registration, we will honor up to a 50% refund up to one week before the start of the program. Within one week of the start of the program, payments made are non-refundable. For any questions or concerns, please contact Lynn Arsenault, Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications at [email protected] or (617) 482-4587.
Refer a Friend! Refer a friend before March 31 and receive a $50 refund! Your friend will let us know you referred them, and we will follow up with a $50 refund for you and a $50 discount for them.
- Date and Time
- Starts on 07/20/2020 at 9:00 AM
- Ends on 07/24/2020 at 4:00 PM
- Greater Boston area
- [email protected]