Summer Institute in Global Leadership: Human Rights
2020 Summer Institute in Global Leadership: Human Rights
UNAGB Summer Institutes bring together local and international students to discover global challenges and address them through Model United Nations programming. Students will learn to think critically about the problems facing our society, use negotiation tools, and form proposals that make solutions possible.
This week, we’ll explore the issues around human rights. Be prepared to learn different aspects of the topic, build skills in public speaking and negotiation, and put everything together in a full day Model UN simulation.
Note: This week is appropriate for students who are passionate about global issues and/or love Model UN. For the first day, we’ll split into different groups based on Model UN experience. New-to-Model UN’ers will learn new skills in a supported environment and experienced Model UN’ers will learn new tips and tricks during the multiple no-prep practice simulations.
You’ll have a chance to:
· Meet students from all over the world passionate about global affairs
· Learn from guest speakers, including NGO leaders, diplomats, and local politicians
· Delve into current global issues
· Improve your public speaking and negotiation techniques
· Learn new Model UN strategies
· When: June 22-26, 2020 9am-4pm (this is a day program only)
· Who: Students entering grades 6-12. We will have two rooms available for this program — one for middle school students, one for high school. The grade levels for the rooms overlap (one room being grades 6-9, one being grades 8-12). Feel free to use your discretion! If your student is a rising 8th grader and has a lot of Model UN experience, feel free to register them for the high school room. If they have less Model UN experience, register them for the middle school room. If tickets for your first choice room are sold out, you may register for the other room.
· Where: Harvard Business School (This event is not owned, controlled, supervised, or sponsored by Harvard University or any of its schools or programs.)
· Cost: $745 per student/week
· Questions: Contact us! Please call (617) 482-4587 or email [email protected]
· Traveling from out of state / country? Click here for a few quick reminders!
Cancellation Policy: We understand that life happens and sometimes there is a change of plans. In the event that you need to cancel your registration, we will honor up to a 50% refund up to one week before the start of the program. Within one week of the start of the program, payments made are non-refundable. For any questions or concerns, please contact Lynn Arsenault, Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications at [email protected] or (617) 482-4587.
Refer a Friend! Refer a friend before March 31 and receive a $50 refund! Your friend will let us know you referred them, and we will follow up with a $50 refund for you and a $50 discount for them.
- Date and Time
- Starts on 06/22/2020 at 9:00 AM
- Ends on 06/26/2020 at 4:00 PM
- Harvard Business School
- [email protected]