Jhalki Film Screening & Panel Event
Jhalki is a heart-rending but inspiring story of a nine-year-old street-smart girl, Jhalki, in search of her seven-year-old brother, Babu, who is suddenly thrown into an inhuman world of child labor with no respite from a terminally gloomy, dark and depressing workplace.
Armed with an intimate folk tale of a tireless sparrow, her own ingenious efforts and her charming presence of mind, Jhalki manages her search and eventually frees her brother, along with thousands of other enslaved children caught in this insidious practice, affecting over 150 million children worldwide.
The Film Screening is presented by Mobius Films and co-sponsored and hosted by the MA Coalition to End Human Trafficking, the New England International Donors and Tufts Institute for Global Leadership in support of UNICEF USA.
Following the screening there will be a panel discussion with:
- Peter Qualliotine from CEASE Boston/ World Without Exploitation
- Mr. Brahmanand Siingh as the Film Director and Founder of Mobius Films
- Priya Samant as the Impact Advisor for Jhalki
- Stacy Reed as a Survivor Leader and Director of Mentoring Services at RIA House
- Danielle Heitmann as the Moderator from the MA Coalition to End Human Trafficking
- Date and Time
- 09/16/2019: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Tufts University, 170 Packard Ave , Medford, MA 02155
- [email protected]