The ACLU Foundation of Massachusetts has an immediate opportunity for an organized, detail-oriented team player to fill the role of Development Associate in support of our development team’s execution of events, and to lead research. This position will report directly to the Deputy Director/Chief Development Officer. Our ambitious fundraising goals are based on programmatic objectives around voting rights, reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, immigrants’ rights, criminal justice reform, open government, digital privacy and free speech. If you’re a self-starter in the Development space and someone who wants to aid organization efforts on critical social justice issues this could be a great career opportunity. We would love to hear from you provided you have experience in the outlined areas of responsibility:
Development Support (40%)
· Provide administrative support for Deputy Director/Chief Development Officer and Donor Officers, including; input of contacts into database, meeting preparation, preparation and creation of donor materials, drafting of donor communication, and preparing proactive reports on portfolios.
· Work closely with Database Coordinator and National Database Team to provide proactive reports on portfolio, pledges and financial reports;
· Support execution of donor mailings including quarterly direct mail process including coordination with donor officers, deadlines, external vendors, and coordination of volunteers;
· Support Deputy Director/Chief Development Officer on organizational deadlines and meetings at staff, department and committee level;
· Monitor and track department and grant deadlines, and;
· Collaborate with staff across departments to draft stewardship and cultivation materials.
Event Support (30%)
· Work closely with donor officers and in execution of monthly events for donors including: salons, Amicus luncheons, town halls, Executive Conversations. This includes keeping deadlines for events, identifying and working with venues and external vendors, execution of mailings, management of RSVPs and day-of logistics;
· Provide department wide support for annual Bill of Rights Dinner 1,500 person organizational event in May, and;
· Support and help execute additional donor engagement opportunities.
Database and Research (20%)
· Lead and execute gift processing, entry and acknowledgments, and conduct initial prospect research
· Learn and operate the donor database, Salesforce, for data input and reporting
· Lead initial prospect research for department and execute Quarterly Portfolio Refresh an internal review of new supporters
· Work daily in database and interface with Finance on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliation and audit
· Research new foundations to qualify for grants portfolio
Other Tasks (10%)
§ Collaboration with Communications Department on donor interface on website and webforms
§ Interfacing with National Planned Giving department on planned giving donors and their estates
§ Special projects as assigned by the Deputy Director/CDO
One to four years of relevant work experience, solid writing skills and experience creating communications material, along with strong belief in the ACLU’s work and mission.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. We have a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, generous vacation and 401-K matching.
How To Apply
Please send an email to [email protected] with subject line Development Associate, and include resume and cover letter describing how your experience and skills meet the requirements for the position.
The ACLU of Massachusetts is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LBGTQ community to apply.
About the ACLU of Massachusetts
The ACLU of Massachusetts is a nonpartisan organization with more than 100,000 supporters across the Commonwealth. We are one of 50 independent state-ACLU affiliates nationwide. For nearly 100 years, we have worked daily in the courts, in legislatures, in the media, and in communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution, Bill of Rights and laws of the United States. Learn more about the history of the ACLU of Massachusetts, the range of issues we cover, and the national ACLU’s work and history at aclum.org.
- Date and Time
- Starts on 06/30/2020 at 8:00 AM
- Ends on 07/30/2020 at 8:00 AM
- [email protected]