Add to Calendar 03/17/2019 18:00 03/17/2019 17:00 America/New_York Annual Summit The UNICEF USA 2019 Annual Summit is a four-day event for all UNICEF supporters across the nation to gather for an opportunity to build community and take action for children. http://unicefusa.cvent.com/events/2019-unicef-usa-annual-summit/event-summary-243936a191b846d0882cbbadad91e470.aspx [email protected] Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC 20004 MM/DD/YYYY
During this event, all participants will have the opportunity to:
- Network with inter-generational global citizens from around the country who are ready to raise their voice for children. Attendees include Board members, CEOs, and executives of global brands, volunteers of all ages (high school, college students) and advocates, major donors, foundations and global cause partners, NextGen, influencers, change-makers, and UNICEF staff.
- Learn about innovative UNICEF programs. Topics could include 21st-century skills-building for adolescents, the use of drones for rapid HIV testing, and innovative ways to meet the psychosocial needs of vulnerable children across the globe.
- Take action, attend interactive workshops on tapping into social media, and learn how to leverage the power of community organizing to receive the tools needed to use your voice and act in real-time to benefit the world’s children.
- Meet with Congressional staffers on Capitol Hill to discuss UNICEF’s work and seek action on global children’s issues. Note: based on the 2019 Congressional Calendar, Members of Congress will not be in town during Advocacy Day on March 19; however, their staff will be! These meetings with staffers are incredibly important, as staff are a direct pipeline to the Member and are their eyes and ears.
- Hear first-hand accounts of some problems facing the world today, as well as from the influencers who are working to help. Summit participants who have shared presentations in previous years have included:
- Halima Aden, UNICEF Ambassador
- Emma Kathleen Hepburn Ferrer, humanitarian, and advocate for children; UNICEF Ambassador Audrey Hepburn’s granddaughter
- Henrietta H. Fore, UNICEF Executive Director
- Jenna Bush Hager, journalist, and Co-Founder of UNICEF’s NextGen
- Nicholas Kristof, journalist, The New York Times
- Tea Leoni, UNICEF Ambassador
- Lucy Liu, UNICEF Ambassador
- Jaya Murthy, Chief of Communication, UNICEF Uganda
- Cornelius Williams, UNICEF’s Associate Director & Global Chief of Child Protection, Programme Division
- Date and Time
- Starts on 03/17/2019 at 6:00 PM
- Ends on 03/19/2019 at 5:00 PM
- Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC 20004
- [email protected]