2019 IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society (ISTAS)
The IEEE Society for Social Implications of Technology (SSIT) invites you to participate in its flagship event, the 2019 IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society (ISTAS).
IEEE ISTAS 2019 takes place in Boston from 15 - 16 November 2019. It is kindly hosted by the School of Engineering, Tufts University in its Medford Campus, MA. IEEE ISTAS brings together engineers, policy makers, social scientists and technologists to share experiences and discuss the social, cultural, ethical and economic implications of technology.
IEEE ISTAS 2019 is Technical Co-sponsored by IEEE USA, IEEE Region 1, IEEE Standards, IEEE Product/Safety Engineering Society, IEEE Reliability Society, IEEE Education Society, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society and IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society and supported by IEEE Humanitarian Activities Committee.
IEEE ISTAS 2019 has a rich program incorporating keynote addresses, plenary sessions, paper sessions, panels and workshops.
Click here to download the program, which will be updated regularly online.
- Tom Coughlin, President IEEE-USA
- Babak Dastgheib-Beheshti, Director, IEEE Region 1
Plenary Sessions focus on
- Sustainable Development – Addressing Societal Challenges
- Creating Ethically Informed Standards
- Impact of IEEE Division VI Societies
- Brave New Brain-Tech: IEEE Neuroethics Program Development of Guidelines for Use of Neurotechnologies in Practice
Click here for more information on plenary speakers.
Panels and Workshops focus on
- AI: Pervasive, Invasive and Persuasive
- Fair AI-Based Recruitment
We would like to thank presenters who have completed registration to date.
Presenter registration is due by 07 October, with early bird registration for delegates available up to 18 October.
Click here to learn more about registration
We look forward to your active participation.
Prof. Paul M Cunningham
IEEE ISTAS 2019 Conference Chair
Director, IST-Africa Institute
IEEE Division VI Delegate-Elect/Director-Elect, 2020
IEEE ISTAS 2019
15 - 16 November, Boston
eMail: [email protected]
- Date and Time
- Starts on 11/15/2019 at 8:30 AM
- Ends on 11/16/2019 at 6:00 PM
- School of Engineering, Tufts University, Medford, MA
- [email protected]