Specifically, BNID aims to:
- Increase student engagement and awareness in ID issues.
- Mentor and guide students and young professionals as they embark on careers in ID.
- Foster connection and collaboration among ID professionals and academics with the aim of
enhancing development practices.
- Serve as a comprehensive clearinghouse for ID jobs, events and organizations in the Boston area.
- Create an accessible point of entry to the ID community in Boston.
At present, BNID provides the following services free of charge to Boston’s ID community:
- Maintaining a website, Facebook , Twitter, and LinkedIn Page to serve as a clearing-house for events, resources, and opportunities related to international development.
- Regular networking and educational events aimed at providing an opportunity for young
professionals, students (both undergraduate and graduate), and academics to meet each other and
discuss topics of common concern.
- A weekly newsletter sent to 7,000+ subscribers that contains highly curated job openings, events,
- Website and social media platforms which include:
- A calendar of Boston-area events related to International Development that is updated daily.
- A directory and descriptions of more than 250 Boston-area ID organizations.
- Information on how to pursue a career in International Development.
- A comprehensive list of the ID-related academic departments in the Boston area.
Please feel free to email us at [email protected] if you are interested in partnering with BNID, or have ideas about how we may better serve you!